Welcome to the world of buckwheat hull products and, specifically, to the unique and finely crafted products presented to you by Buckwheat Bedding Company, some of which are original and patented designs!
Did you know that buckwheat hull pillows originated in and have been in continual use in Asia for literally hundreds of years? Now their popularity has spread to the West and. many health care professionals in the USA are recommending these pillows to their clients.
So what is there about these pillows that make them so desirable?
Using buckwheat hulls as a filling for pillows, as opposed to fiber fill, foam, feathers, beads and other synthetic materials has several significant advantages.
- Buckwheat hulls are naturally moldable when contained in a pliable covering. This allows your pillow to conform perfectly to the contours of your head and neck, giving cradle-like support to any area where you need it, while maintaining healthy spinal alignment.
- Buckwheat hulls, as a filling, give passive support, allowing your muscles to relax. Other fillings, particularly foam and fiber fill, often “push back” when compressed, which creates a sub-conscious resistance on the part of your head and neck muscles.
- Buckwheat hulls are pyramid-like in shape and they interlock when compressed rather than sliding by each other, as often occurs with micro beads. That is why you get stable support from a buckwheat hull pillow – support that allows your head and neck muscles to relax.
- Buckwheat hulls, as a filling, provide cool support. Air circulates freely between the hulls, allowing your head to stay at a near –constant temperature all night.
- Buckwheat is actually a fruit, not a grain, and therefore the hulls are virtually hypo-allergenic.
- Buckwheat is an organically grown plant. The hulls are an environmentally friendly green product.